Branch formation - Croatia
CROATIA – Country with over a thousand islands, crystal clear water and rocky beaches, these are just some of the words we can use to describe Croatia. It is visited annually by over 18 million tourists.
As a member of the European Union since 2013, Croatia is for sure a safe country for living and investing.
Croatia - Branch formation
Opening a branch office of non-resident company is almost the same due to similar process and documentation that is needed when forming a limited liability company.
In order to form a company, next process needs to be done.
- issuing the shareholders personal identification numbers at Tax Authorities
- drafting the incorporation act
- notarizing the incorporation documentation
- registering the branch with the court registry
- opening the bank account
- obtaining the stamp
- registering the branch with the State Institute for Statistics and Registry of Ultimate Beneficial Ownership
- cooperation with bookkeeping service re obligatory initial registration of the branch with the tax authorities and other state bodies
Documents that are required are:
- certified copies of ID card and/or passport of shareholders and directors.
- official excerpt from the Court Registry or other competent registry.
- shortened financial reports for previous year and shareholders’ decision in case of opening the branch office.
- certified copy of Incorporation Act/ Articles of Association.
- detailed POA for each activity in front of state bodies and/or for each statement/application that the proxy will file on behalf of the client.
- the documentation needs to be in sufficientnumber of certified copies and translated into Croatian by authorized witness expert; certified copies and translations can be done both in Croatia any other country.
It takes 7-10 working days.
No, with the power of attorney we can do it remotely.
Client needs to have a bookkeeping service from the first day.
Yes, in order to form an LLC, Branch, or simplified LLC, registered business address is required.